It’s time to film our introduction/welcome video for the ICONS concert - and I am now looking for volunteers to star in this.
I need between 10-25 volunteers - the more the merrier
My idea is that everybody will read the same script - and we can then cut the lines together so every person will have their own line in the video - think airline safety video, think Nothing Compares To You music video - that style! The look I am going for is something like this below - it will tie in nicely with the ICONS concept.
Don’t be afraid of failing this - we really want AS MANY as possible from the choir to showcase on the big screen - we will be doing the filming at rehearsals and we can take and re-take as many times as we need - and finally - we’ll only use your the bits recorded. That’s the beauty of this concept.
If you are interested in this - please let me know by sending me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, alternatively come have a chat with me or Alex Williams (bass) at rehearsals.
The script we’d be asking you to read, is as follows:
- Welcome one and all to our home for tonight, St George's Bristol,
- and thank you for coming.
- Tonight is the culmination of 9 months hard preparation for us.
- it's been tough - we are not gonna lie to you - but we've had a lot of fun along the way
- and we are so proud of the performance we are about to put on for you.
- The theme for this years concert is Gay Icons,
- as you can see, the programme is varied, with a few "classical" pieces,
- pop tunes from the charts,
- good old sing-along classics as well as songs from our favourite human rights activists
- in other words: a concert reflecting some of our icons,
- the people who have played a big role in our community and in our lives.
- But before we start,
- a few pieces of practical information:
- Please turn off your mobile phones, or put them in silent mode.
- You're allowed to take pictures, but please do not use the flash.
- If you need to use the facilities during our performance,
- you might be asked to wait a short time when coming back
- just until we finish the current song,
- so you don't disturb the performance and people sitting around you.
- Now sit back
- And enjoy this show by Sing Out Bristol